Senior Adult Life
Our senior adults at Evergreen share life in a variety of different ways such as our Joy Luncheons, our Health & Fitness classes, trips & retreats, Bible studies, and more!
Our Joy Luncheons are monthly fellowships for all adults 55 and above. They offer a time of worship, fellowship, games, a potluck meal, and a wide variety of program topics and speakers. We meet the third Thursday of every month – September to May- from 10am to 1pm.
We also offer Health & Fitness classes open to anyone 55 and above! We meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9am in room A202.
Leadership Team Opportunities
We are all members of the body of Christ, called to lead and serve. These teams are not just dedicated to our Joy Ministry; we challenge our older adults to be an active part of all the ministries at Evergreen, from children to youth and beyond:
- Teaching Team – Equipping/development of our lead Bible teachers, curriculum training, new class development
- Outreach Team – Reaching out to our visitors and senior adult retirement centers, Sunday School and church greeters, mission projects, social media
- Inreach/Prayer Team – Ministry to widows, singles, homebound, shut-ins; hospital care; funerals; support groups and health and fitness; meals; “Elder Ride” transportation ministry; Prayer Shawls; monthly calendar
- Social Team – Local events, class parties, conferences, travel, quarterly newsletter
- Ministries Team – Sunday Night Bible Study, Monthly Joy Luncheon, Mentoring, Senior Adult Choir, Caretaker Ministry