Senior Adult Life
Our senior adults at Evergreen share life in a variety of different ways such as our Adult Ministry Luncheons, our Health & Fitness classes, trips & retreats, Bible studies, and more!
Our Adult Ministry Luncheons are monthly fellowships for all adults 55 and above. They offer a time of worship, fellowship, games, lunch, and a wide variety of program topics and speakers. We meet the third Thursday of every month – September to May- from 10am to 1pm.
We also offer two options for Health & Fitness classes. MOVE is a low impact class that meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9 am in room A210. Another option is Tai Chi for Better Balance. This class meets Monday mornings at 9:45 in A102.
Leadership Team Opportunities
We are all members of the body of Christ, called to lead and serve. These teams are not just dedicated to our Joy Ministry; we challenge our older adults to be an active part of all the ministries at Evergreen, from children to youth and beyond:
- Teaching Team – Equipping/development of our lead Bible teachers, curriculum training, new class development
- Outreach Team – Reaching out to our visitors and senior adult retirement centers, Sunday School and church greeters, mission projects, social media
- Inreach/Prayer Team – Ministry to widows, singles, homebound, shut-ins; hospital care; funerals; support groups and health and fitness; meals; “Elder Ride” transportation ministry; Prayer Shawls; monthly calendar
- Social Team – Local events, class parties, conferences, travel, quarterly newsletter
- Ministries Team – Sunday Night Bible Study, Monthly Joy Luncheon, Mentoring, Senior Adult Choir, Caretaker Ministry