MAP focuses on three key areas of development:
SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT | PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT | PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Individuals are developed through:
· Intentional time of discipleship and training with a specific ministry leader
· Structured training and development with a variety of ministry leaders and pastors
· Hands-on opportunities to apply what they have learned in real ministry settings
Potential Ministries Areas:
... and more!
Q: When should I apply?
A: There are three due dates for applications:
· DECEMBER 1st (entry date: January 1st)
· APRIL 1st (entry date: May 1st)
· AUGUST 1st (entry date: September 1st)
Q: When would I begin?
A: In order to maximize resources and scheduling, entry dates are:
· JANUARY 1st
· MAY 1st
· SEPTEMBER 1st
Q: What are the dates of MAP?
A: MAP runs for 50 weeks, following the dates above.
Q: What are the Hours and Pay for MAP?
A: MAP is a part-time program that offers 20 hours per week at a rate of $15/hour.
Q: What are the responsibilities of those in MAP?
A:The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Spend time with direct report(s) in the areas of discipleship, training, teaching, mentoring, and planning.
· Assist in the everyday tasks of the assigned ministry area as directed by direct report(s) .
· Assist with occasional tasks of other ministries as directed by direct report(s).
· Attend weekly staff meeting(s).
· Attend a weekly Internship Development Course with the Executive Pastor of Discipleship.
· Attend church services and activities as directed.
· Spend additional non-office time doing spiritual, personal, or professional development as assigned by direct report(s).
Q: What are the qualifications needed for applicants of MAP?
A: The following qualification are expected of applicants in accordance to 1 Tim 3:1-13, 4:12-16, Titus 1:5-9, and the Evergreen Membership Covenant:
· Must be 18+ years old.
· Has accepted Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
· Must be growing in relationship with God through spiritual disciplines.
· Must be or become a member of Evergreen and uphold the expectations found in covenant membership.
· Must be in agreement with the Evergreen vision, core beliefs, and by-laws.
· Must adhere to the EBC staff handbook.
· Must be teachable, respectful, punctual, humble, goal-oriented, organized, and a self-starter.
· Must be able to work with others in a collaborative team environment.
· Must be willing to be challenged and must welcome critical feedback.
· Must pass background check and child safety training.
· Must have access to personal transportation to and from EBC.
· Planning and/or inquiring about a future in vocational ministry.
· Must have a personal cell phone.
· Must have their own vehicle and be responsible for their own transportation.
Q: In what ways will MAP develop individuals for a potential future in ministry?
A: The three areas of development are spiritual, personal, and professional as seen below:
· Spiritual Disciplines
· Disciple Making
· Finding & Understanding Spiritual Gifts
· Leadership (individuals)
· Leadership (teams)
· Defining Ministry Area
· Understanding Ministry Vision/Goals
· Knowing and Growing in Ministry Skills (teaching, music, etc.)
· Team Management
· Enlisting, Equipping, and Commissioning Volunteers
· Ministry Budget Management
· Event Planning and Execution (if applicable)
· Church/Ministry Communication (as needed)
Q: Can I work another job or be in school while in MAP?
A: Yes, as long as the hours of work and study does not dramatically interfere with the apprenticeship or affect the individual negatively physically, mentally, or spiritually. Evergreen places a high priority on education and well-being and will work diligently with MAP individuals to help them succeed in these areas of their life.
Q: Does MAP offer insurance?
A: No. Evergreen does not provide health insurance to individuals who are part-time.
Q: Will I be guaranteed a job after MAP?
A: Although there is a possibility of MAP individuals being considered for career opportunities beyond the program, there is no guarantee of a long-term staff position with Evergreen Baptist Church following MAP.
Q: What if I have unanswered questions?
A: If you have unanswered questions, please feel free to contact Pastor AJ Gonzalez by clicking the e-mail button at the bottom of the page.
Q: I am ready to apply, now what?
A: APPLY BELOW!